Monday, November 16, 2009

Midterm grades

Good morning everyone,

I hope you all had a good rest of your week while I was out.  I got a very good report from Ms. Douvres, so thank you.

Just wanted to break down what went into your midterm grades -
First of all - I always go for a modest score in your ball park.  So if you are bordering between a B+ and a B, you will get a B for the midterm and if you maintain the work will most likely go up to the B+ at end term.  I do this because I feel it gives us both more wiggle room between now and the end of the term.

Because I didn't get home from the convention until late Saturday night, I've been grading feverishly and still haven't managed to finished all of the IR #2 and 2 Voices projects, so your grade will be based on the following:
  • class participation (both verbal discussion in the whole and small group)
  • your notebook
  • the first IR assignment
  • the first embedded assessment
  • blog posts
  • amount of late assignments
  • Gilgamesh group assignment
  • Your reflections
  • *** if your work has been graded already, then it will be a part of the consideration.
Individual conferences can be made to discuss grades, BUT I will NOT humor these discussions  during class time.  This is your personal business... NOT the classes, please don't raise your hand in class to talk about it.  Discretely come see me at the beginning or end of a period or email me.

Thanks

No comments: